As your Secretary-Treasurer, balancing our
fiscal strength with prudence, presenting a fully transparent budget,
and keeping accurate association records are my highest priorities.
will chair the Ethics Appeals Board with fairness and foresight for the
protection of patients and members.
As an officer, I will vote to
support the APA Mission and Goals of:
• FULL PARITY for mental health services in collaboration with other
allied mental health professional and patient advocacy organizations.
• INCREASED FUNDING for QUALITY MENTAL HEALTH services for all patients
and their families, especially children and the elderly.
• FAIRNESS IN MANAGED CARE REIMBURSEMENT.
• PATIENTS’ RIGHTS to PRIVACY/CONFIDENTIALITY.
• MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT/RETENTION efforts and REVENUE SHARING for our
District Branches/State Associations.
• INCREASED FUNDING for
GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION and research training.
• COOPERATION AND ADVOCACY with our MEDICAL COLLEAGUES.
• An improved PUBLIC IMAGE for psychiatry and a reduction in the stigma
and discrimination faced by
• Increased DIVERSITY in APA leadership and the ELIMINATION of
DISPARITIES IN HEALTH CARE
related to ethnicity.
You have my commitment to work collaboratively with you in these efforts
to improve the lives of our patients and to advocate for our members and
for our profession.
Thank you for your support.
M. Norris, M.D.